H.I.G. Realty Credit Partners Originates Two Loans, Totaling $95 Million, Secured by Two Multifamily Properties in the Southeastern US
NEW YORK – June 21, 2022 – H.I.G. Capital (“H.I.G.”), a leading global alternative investment firm with over $49 billion of equity capital under management, is pleased to announce that its affiliate, H.I.G. Realty Credit Partners, has originated two loans, totaling $95 million, secured by two multifamily complexes in Charlotte, North Carolina and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
The loans were made to affiliates of Ardmore Residential, an experienced multifamily developer and owner throughout the southeastern United States. The properties are nearing the completion of construction, and are set to benefit from the growing residential demand in both of their markets.
“We are excited to finance these brand new, high-quality assets in the Charlotte and Chattanooga MSAs. Ardmore has developed an excellent product that will be well received in the market, and we are glad to be a part of these projects,” said Michael Mestel, Managing Director at H.I.G. Realty Credit Partners.
About H.I.G. Realty Credit Partners
H.I.G. Realty Credit Partners is the real estate debt platform of H.I.G. Capital, a leading global alternative assets investment firm with over $49 billion of equity capital under management. H.I.G. Realty Credit Partners and H.I.G. Realty Partners collectively manage $4.3 billion of capital. H.I.G. Realty Credit Partners focuses on small-to-mid cap real estate, targeting debt investments across all property types located throughout the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Debt investments include senior bridge loans, mezzanine loans and preferred equity collateralized by transitional properties and portfolios. H.I.G. Realty Partners’ equity investments focus on the acquisition of value-add assets, employing a hands-on, operationally focused approach that seeks to generate substantial cash flow and asset appreciation through rehabilitating, redeveloping, repositioning and rebranding assets that have been capital starved and/or poorly managed. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website www.higcapital.com.
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global alternative assets investment firm with over $49 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/ value-added approach:
- H.I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
- H.I.G. Infrastructure focuses on making value-add and core plus investments in the infrastructure sector.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm’s current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.